20:36
10 nov 13

it's our first day at sea, and I had training in the morning. Lots and lots of safety training which is good, because of our occupation but for an anxious nervous worrier wreck of a person that I can get it was overwhelming.  We would have a lifeboat demonstration and a few other drills. they showed a video of someone repelling off the side of the ship or jumping with a life jacket in the event of an emergency. I was not prepared for that and to be honest wanted to cry if I had to do that. one I my team members said you just practice in the pool and not off the side of the ship. I don't know what's going to happen but I am a little scared. (okay a lot scared)

after the training I watched a few activities and walked around the ship. Tonight was formal night and I got to dress up. That's one of things I enjoy is getting to wear my own clothes. I helped run pictures with the captain. Which is wear guests can well, get their picture with the captain. Our captain is from Norway and although is very nice, his face looks grumpy so I had a few guests ask why does/is he mad or upset? and I said that's just the way he looks.  which is true for some men trying to be super professional. 

After that I greeted people at the show which was a Motown show. We have "Showtime!" on the ship, which is Motown cover group from Las Vegas. 

I ate dinner in the mess hall and then went to the lounge where I would be hosting karaoke. My first event on the ship hosting on the second day! It was a blast! it went so well, way better than my experience with the resorts I've worked at. Just hands down super entertaining. at the end the guests ganged up on me and started chanting "sing, sing, sing!" so I sang Love Shack with a guest. I was nervous and tired and excited at the same time that it didn't go as well as other times I've sang karaoke but it was fun. 

Still missing Drew super bad. I want to experience this all with him. He literally is my other half and when I have down time that's when all I can think about is him. I keep praying that if its Gods will we'll together sooner rather than later. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.