20:38
11 Nov 13

First stop, Belize. Funny thing about this port is its a tender. Not a chicken tender not a money tender but a boat tender! That means if you're a guest on the ship and you wanna go explore you gotta get on another boat for bout 20 minutes to get to land. 

My team is in charge of cattle herding the guests, keeping them in line, answering questions and slowly letting them off through the gangway a few groups at a time. 

We started at 8:30 and the team didn't finish till about 1:30. needless to say I didn't get off at that port because of the consumption of time for the tendering. 

I had most of the afternoon off, so I went back to my cabin and changed to go running but I laid down and fell asleep instead. 

I watched that evenings  show with a few crew members I've become friends with. it was called "In the air". kind of a cirq de soli type thing.  
tonight was 70's party night. we have a promenade which is really our lobby but more intense. there's two bridges that over look the promenade normally where a DJ would set up not really accessible to guests. One of the bridges rises to the ceiling and disappears. 
you access it from a crew area, so myself with three other team members and our cruise director dressed up in wigs and 70's garb are lowered down with smoke and fog every where.  Guests are beneath us watching us come down. We have choreography with different 70's songs. including songs such as Brick House, Love Train...etc.  It's a lot of fun. I thought karaoke was fun this blew it out of the water. At one point the girls of the team left the bridge and then the boys including our cruise director was dressed up like the village people. When I say they're dressed up like the village people I mean loin cloth for the Indian, shirtless cowboy, leather vest for the biker. Yes, my cruise director was shirtless wearing a hard hat and construction vest. It was hilarious and the guest loved it and they just went all out. It was so much fun. tomorrow is pay day as well as our day at Cozumel. 

I found out that Drew's ship goes to dry dock on January 6. he also gets to the UsA on November 24th. from there they do a route that's similar to mine.  Get this though he will LITERALLY be in Cozumel a day before me. We're not in Jamaica at the same time, we're not in Mexico at the same time. Ugh, it's the worst. I would literally cry tears of joy if we were even at the same port.

But God's got this under control. My ship actually has two maybe three Cruise Staff openings at that time. Please pray if its God's will we'll be on the same ship in January. It would be awesome. 

But God's got this under control. My ship actually has two maybe three Cruise Staff openings at that time. Please pray if its God's will we'll be on the same ship in January. It would be awesome. 

Thanks for reading this, I appreciate it. it's nice to have something to write and record happenings and know people will care. 

I miss being in contact but ill try to update as much as I can. : ]



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.