20:40
12 Nov 13
Cozumel, Mexic

my first port I got off at. it was a beautiful morning/afternoon. I went by myself because people I knew getting off left earlier, and I had a training class. 

I didn't want to venture to far because I was by myself and I didn't know the city. So I walked around the shops at the port, and then a few shops into the city. There was some authentic art and souvenirs and then some REALLY tourist stuff. You would think working at Walt Disney World was proof people will buy anything just go to a port. people really do buy anything. 

I probably spent $15-20 total and that was just postcards, a bottle of water, a fudgsicle and a magnet or two. The magnets were the most expensive thing; I needed something to hang up a few pictures on my wall. (hint if you wanna send me anything send magnets!)

As I was going back to the ship I saw a booth that was the Cozumel Animal Humane Society. the lady had a puppy there! It was so cute, I told her that was dangerous to have such cute merchandise. Guests can buy an animal and you just have to pay for flying it back to the US. Turns out I can volunteer and help walk dogs and play with puppies next time I'm at port! I know I may not sound like a typical crew member but that appealed to me way more than going out drinking. So if I'm not working next time we're at Cozumel totally playing with the dogs. :]


After the port I went running and worked out at the gym. one of the perks of my job is that I get to use guest areas including their gym which is ALOT nicer than the crew gym. 

It will be a late night as I have a white party to be at and a dream works parade. Tomorrow is a day at sea then we're back at ft lauderdale. 

I miss my family and drew a lot, I see things that make me think of them all the time. I hate not having Internet or phone service so I can't tell them I'm thinking of them. that's really tough. other than that I'm enjoying my job, I enjoy the people I've met. it's just those little moments that really hit home.

much love,
Lexi. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.