It's my job...

05:43
...to be different than the rest. 

Well, on this 8th of November social media is reminding me that it has been a year since Drew and I flew out of Orlando and to our separate ports to board the next chapter of our lives. 

Working on cruise ships was completely out of our...well at least my element. In fact if you remember I started this blog to let friends and family keep up with our shenanigans. We met so many people, crew and guests that have changed our lives. For the better and for the worst. 
We made friends that we still keep up with today. We encountered guests that challenged our patience and hospitality. We learned a lot about ourselves and each other. God strengthened our marriage in many ways. I still can not believe it has been a year. 

Truth be told, the two of us bring up the idea of going back. Because when we look back on our experience all we can remember are the good times, and the fun people we met. Going to Honduras every other week and snorkeling. Dressing up and dancing in the promenade on 70's night. It's the little moments that made it great. 


Through all this God was with us. I was terrified and lonely and scared when I joined my ship. It was a month before I joined Drew's ship. I signed on to the Liberty of the seas.  I made friends with an awesome Aussie. Amanda was there to answer all my questions, teach me the routine for 70's night. We ate dinner together and grabbed red velvet cupcakes from the promenade. Amanda is still a good friend of mine today and I am so thankful for that. God placed Amanda and that specific cruise staff for the month I was a part from Drew to make it an easy adjustment and I will be forever grateful. 

Now it has been eight months since the two of us have signed off the ship. God provided jobs for the both of us. Drew a life guard and I a swim instructor. 
Drew is still a lifeguard but I no longer swim with the fishes. That became a bridge that was badly burned unfortunately and no longer endorse that company nor am I associated with them in anyway. 

God has provided yet again, this time a much better job. I nanny/babysit for a great family. On top of that I work one day a week in the office for an event company that they own. (An industry I've wanted to get in for a long time)
So even though I've had my dark times, times where everything was uncertain. My rock and foundation will always be the word and love of God. 

So here's to the next year. I can't wait to see who we meet and where we go. All I know is that I'm ready. 

Thanks for reading, we love and appreciate all of you. 

Lexi



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.