Cheeseburger in Paradise...

11:29
I like mine with lettuce and tomatos...

There are a lot of things I think they should teach you in pre-marital class. Then again as my grandmother reminds me, "if they taught you everything you needed to know you wouldn't want to get married." They could at least of given me a heads up right? Anyways, one of the things if I were to teach a pre-martial class would be a cooking portion. My mother had all three of us kids very active in the kitchen. I know a lot of kids or even young adults these days who don't know how to work a kitchen timer let alone boil pasta. As a kid you don't think you'll need it. At least not in the near future. Spoiler Alert: that near future comes faster than expected.

Over the past two and a half years you get tired of Mac and cheese and anything with the word "instant" in it. I had a few recipes that my mom had taught me but nothing that made me brave enough to try others. Eventually I had enough of frozen pizza and the same thing every week. I branched out to the lovely Pinterest  and started looking for different types of pizza like food. I started with easy food you'd make for your kids. Well I got tired of kid food and figured it was time for us to start eating like grown ups. This brought on some of our favorite meals that become a staple at least once a week or every other week. 

Colby PepperJack Chicken! 
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalepeno Poppers and Baked Chicken Legs. 


Pepperjack-Spinach stuffed Chicken. 
Baked Sweet Potato Chips


Taco Stuffed Mini Peppers!

As you can see we're busy expanding our pallets and broadening our food horizons. 

If you have a favorite food recipe or you try one of these please let me know. You can also follow my Pinterest account - Lexi Maples. I have a recipes I want to try board, low-carb recipes and a board where I post recipes I try that aren't that great. 

Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.