Sushi isn't just for Sumo

17:38
Our awesome friends from the ship have finally arrived in the USofA and its been a quick crazy three weeks. We are so happy to have Fazli and Yulia here with us!

One thing Yulia told me on the ship was that she'd teach me how to make sushi. Well she followed through and it was awesome!

We found most of our supplies at World Market and then bought our fish at Target. We kept it simple with Salmon and Crab but we'll experiment next time. 


We started out by preparing the rice. There's long rice which is what you eat as a side but then there's short or round rice which is sticky rice. 


We used a bamboo mat to prepare the rolls. Now if I was Pioneer Woman Id do a step by step but I'm not I won't bore you with details. Feel free to comment/email/facebook me with questions!

(Sliced Salmon)

(First layer of the roll is the sticky rice)
(Second,third and fourth layers : cream cheese, salmon and cucumber)


After you layer your roll, the bamboo mat is used to roll the sushi and shape it. 

That was the short version and my first lesson. It's exciting and way cheaper than ordering rolls. 

Either way it was fun learning and shopping and we'll definitely experiment with sauces and meats. Shout out to Yulia for teaching me! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.